Health Success

1-Diet

2-Strength

3-Flexibility

4-Cardiovascular

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

New Motivation

Jeff and I are working on losing weight together. We are both doing the South Beach Diet and on a good exercise routine. Jeff is working out with his Marine buddies and I am back on the New Rules of Lifting for Women.

Last week I lost 5 lbs. I am down to 195 and that makes me offically out of the OBESE catagory and into the overweight catagory. I need to lose 30 lbs to get into the Normal catagory. My overall goal is 146. I picked this goal from doing some research on my body type and BMI numbers.I have only 49 lbs to go. I hope to be at or near my 146 goal by the end of the year. That gives me 4 months to lose 49 lbs. I guess I will be losing it Biggest Loser style and just working hard and not taking to many breaks.

I am not focusing on how much I need to lose. I am just focusing on each day and eating correctly and getting my exercise in. Each day will have its own challenges and so if I take one day at a time I will be more successful. In the end I will be able to look back and see what I have done.

I look back a year ago, and I felt so overwhelmed and unmotivated weighing 220, moving, dealing with a new baby. So much change. This year will be more successful because I am in a more settled place physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Good for you! Your plan looks great.

Unknown said...

I'm here girl & going to be cheering you on still!