Health Success

1-Diet

2-Strength

3-Flexibility

4-Cardiovascular

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Not so Great

So, let me be honest I have not been good with my diet and my weight loss has come to a complete halt. I haven't gained, but certainly I need to be losing and I have everything on my side, breastfeeding, working out, sleeping again. So, I really need to get motivated about eating better. It's the soda! I am totally addicted to Mtn. Dew. I love it, LOVE it. I have quit it many times before, but one taste and I get hooked again. It is a total addiction.

Our family vacation is coming up super fast in June and I am already behind in my goal.

On a positive note, I have been going to the gym and strength training, swimming, and walking and all that is going well.

I really need to lose some weight so I can fit into more clothes. I only have a hand full of outfits right now and most of them are my smaller maternity clothes. I want to be out of the maternity stuff completely and into my bigger sized by the vacation.

I need to get off the soda and back on water to help in the weight loss, and energy. I was feeling so great when I was on ONLY water and it is so hard to get back to that. My mind is so weak, that is what it comes down to. All I can see right now is all the things I need to fix, or work on. I feel like I am so far from where I want to be with myself, in all areas of my life.

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Got a question of you. Where do you get your Mountain Dew? Do you buy it and keep it in the house? Because if you do, then that is really working against you. I'm quite addicted to chocolate and I can't keep it in the house or I will eat it until it's gone.
If you don't keep soda in the house, then where are you getting it when your cravings hit? My advice is to not keep any soda in the house. Good luck!

Kathy said...

I feel your pain! I could write a whole book on soda addiction. I'm with Carolyn...don't keep it in the house. If it isn't there you can't drink it. I'm not disciplined enough to say no so I don't have it in my house so I don't have to try to resist. Good luck!

Jeff and Natalie Perez said...

Carolyn, Kathy- I haven't been keeping it at the house. I was walking to the gas station and rationalizing that since I walked there I could have it. BLAH!

Yesterday, I recommited to going off it cold turkey and so far so good! I helps that I restocked on good food to keep me focused on my long term goals. So 2 days no soda!

Melinda said...

Yayfor the no soda! I understand the mountain dew, I love that stuff. But I just don't buy it. Warren is the problem cause he will buy the bad stuff and then I will eat it. Keep at it Natalie!!