Health Success

1-Diet

2-Strength

3-Flexibility

4-Cardiovascular

Friday, August 6, 2010

Continued

Yes, clean and purge. Our family does that often actually, but apparently not often enough. At least maybe I need to be better about having a filing system and a place to put paperwork and important documents. I have a system, but it has failed me as I can see now.

I am not naturally organized. I am a 'piles' person. I have piles all around the house. I don't know what to do with things, I don't put them away because I use them here and there, but I also don't want it just laying around anywhere, so the pile starts.

I am much better today than I was 6 years ago when I married my husband. I was a wreck then and he is almost OCD clean.

I have come to the conclusion that I can not focus on my weight loss right now. It is not the important issue in my life right now and thinking about it is making me crazy. I need to focus on my kids and keeping myself sane. I know some of you are thinking 'well keep yourself sane by exercising everyday and eating right'. And you are right if those were my habits already, but trying to change my habits right now, just to have everything change in a few weeks. I'm just not going to do it.-there it is.

I have my whole life ahead of me and I want to enjoy myself and this may sound weird or crazy or whatever, but it makes sense to me. I will not weigh myself or worry about what I am eating. Now don't get me wrong I'm not running out to the store to stock up on donuts and ice cream and whatever else. I am still eating my vegetables, just not making myself crazy about it.

My sister is coming out to help me with the kids drive to North Carolina and I am so excited to see her. We have such a great time together and she is always up for anything like me. It is going to be so fun.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hurray for letting go of trying to lose weight during this busy time girl! If you just continue to make good choices, move (other than packing) when you can, it'll come!

Many thoughts & prayers coming your way during this time.

Did you see I posted the book? It's Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. AWESOME book & I'm getting ready to start #2 now!

Demi said...

I say good for you! I just read your last few entries and really, i don't think now is the time either. Although, with all the running around your doing it sounds like your getting your excersising in anyways!! LOL

I hate paper build up too we have the same problem. We had a paper shredder but we were in and out of places for a while and someone along the way kept it. Since you are moving, you could save the junk paper for packing material and worry about throwing it away later. Might save you some money, and it will all be in boxes and easy to throw away when you get where you are going :)

Kathy said...

I'm glad you're giving yourself a break! Move, get settled, and then figure out where you want to go!