Health Success

1-Diet

2-Strength

3-Flexibility

4-Cardiovascular

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ah Ha!

I had one of those moments this morning. I feel so good and I want to write about it before this feeling melts away. I realized that the reason I have been losing and gaining these 10 lbs is because I am not focusing on changing for my life. I was doing short term things and then thinking I could go back to bad habits and that the weight would continue to come off. Well we all know how that works.

I do want to lose this weight and keep it off. I do want to be healthy and keep bad foods out of my diet. Here is the thing that struck me: The bad foods aren't going anywhere! They will always be around!! BUT I can choose to eat them or not. AND I don't have to stay away from them forever. Once in a while is fine and while I am not in a healthy state very rare will I eat them. This is how it works. This is REAL LIFE.

My REAL LIFE right now: I can't get to the gym, I have a baby. SO I am going for jogs in the morning and doing things I can do. I'm done with the excuses, I'm taking responsibility for my actions and I am doing something about it. It is my time to take charge of my life.

Thank you Heavenly Father for helping me put it all together!

For some of you, you may be thinking 'where have you been' but for me this is my breakthrough. The MOTIVATION I have been lacking. The WHY behind it all. Everyone has to have that breakthrough moment in their struggle. I feel like I have finally found mine. Let's see where it takes me..............................

3 comments:

Pat and Shawna Katz said...

Love it!! I feel the same way, glad to hear someone else is going through the same thing! Love your attitude. Thanks for the motivation!

Unknown said...

I completely understand. And for the record, this brings tears to my eyes. You get it & "it" was always there but you've had SO much going on lately that involved so many other people. I'm glad that you have found YOUR moment.

It'll come. I promise. And all those "bad" things can still be enjoyed & when that clicks like it has for you then you can truly enjoy them. And when you do, it'll take far less of it!

Life certainly happens but clearly you've made a choice to work with it. Big hugs!!!!!

Kathy said...

I love break throughs! You are doing amazing girl!