Health Success

1-Diet

2-Strength

3-Flexibility

4-Cardiovascular

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Craigslist

So, I really love craigslist. I am on it everyday to see what kinds of things people are getting rid of. I was able to get a life fitness stair stepper for free, plus other small things. The stair stepper is absolutely the best thing I have gotten so far. I have also been able to get things out of my house quickly and without a hassle because of craigslist. I have sold things and bought things off the site usually without any hiccups BUT it seems that the closer we are getting to Christmas, the crazier people are getting. Wanting things for unreasonable amounts or for free. No-shows, or just dumb emails with dumb questions.

Craigslist is very busy this time of year too it seems and I will be so excited when it goes back to normal after the holidays and all the freeloaders, gimme gimme types are gone. It may sound hypocritical because I love the free stuff, but I'm talking about the people that post things like 'I can't afford a Nintendo for my kid, need one for free.' This is actually happening!!!

I guess I just get annoyed with the people that struggle and don't want anyone to know and they try to keep up with the Jones' and they don't even teach their kids how to be frugal and that you don't need everything you want. Where did those days go???? I didn't grow up privileged with everything I wanted and many Christmas' I was happy to get socks and underwear because I really needed them and I knew that was a hard thing for us to afford.

How are kids suppose to grow up and understand how the world works and become hard workers if they are always given everything they want no matter if they can afford it or not. No wonder our America is going down the tube faster than we can keep afloat.

CHRISTMAS is NOT about the THINGS. IT'S about the SPIRIT, FAMILY, FRIENDS, and MOST important CHRIST!!

Had to get that off my chest. Thanks. I wish I could get rid of presents at our house, but my husband really likes buying things for each other. I would love to spend the season serving others and doing things to show how much we care for each other, not put a price tag on it. I feel like we live in such a backwards world. Always focusing on the wrong thing.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

You tell it sister!