Health Success

1-Diet

2-Strength

3-Flexibility

4-Cardiovascular

Friday, January 8, 2010

Water!

So, I am doing pretty good with drinking 100 oz a day of water and some interesting things have happened.

*I have been feeling much better lately
*I have been less hungry/snacky
*I feel great

I checked out a book from the library called Water:for health, for healing, for life by F. Batmanghelidj, M.D. and it is full of great information on why we need so much water everyday and what functions it does on the body. It is helping me to keep my goal too. I can see his point and I'm only half way through the book but I am really enjoying it.

Here are a few facts:

*Water is the main solvent for all foods, vitamins, and minerals. It is used in the breakdown of food into smaller particles and their eventual metabolism and assimilation.

*Water clears toxic waste from all parts of the body and takes it to the liver and kidney for removal.

*Water is the main lubricant in the joint spaces and helps prevent arthritis and back pain.

*Water helps keep the skin smooth and decreases the signs of aging

*Drinking water separates the sensation between thirst and hunger.

*To lose weight water is the best way to go-drink water on time and lose weight. Also, you will not eat excessively when you feel hungry but are in fact only thirsty for water.

*Water integrates mind and body functions. It increases ability to realize goals and purpose.

*Water helps reverse addictive urges, including those for caffeine, alcohol, and some drugs.

I hope this helps you to kick the 'other beverage' and start to drink more water. It is the gift of life. All living things need water.

No comments: