Health Success

1-Diet

2-Strength

3-Flexibility

4-Cardiovascular

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Feeling Groovy

I'm back and I feel great!

We are all moved and I have a few boxes left to unpack but that will get done in due time. I have been running around with my head cut off trying to get everything done and deal with kids, ya know normal stuff.

My sister came out to help me move and while we spent our last days in Cincinnati we splurged on everything. I think I ate everything in sight. Plus, I was drinking a ton of soda. By the time I got to North Carolina I was feeling horrible. I knew I had gained because my new clothes were tight and I could see it in the mirror. I was getting really mad at myself. Why would I do that.

Then, on the 1st of September, I picked up the keys to our new place and it was like a breath of fresh air to my soul. That day my sister and I went to the grocery store and we only bought veggies and chicken. For the next couple of days we worked hard unpacking and eating right and I was off the soda. I wanted one really really bad, but I told myself to 'dig deep and be in control' It worked! I know I am a determined person when I want to be and I just had to have a very real conversation with myself and some help (my sister).

I have been able to eat really well everyday since and I did splurge and have a sweet snack with my friend the other night, but after I ate it I realized that I really do enjoy fresh fruit for a sweet and not sugar.

I feel so good!!! I feel so clean! I am eating good healthy food, not starving, and I am losing the weight!!! That is the best part. I got on the scale this morning for the first time in a while and I was back down to 211.4 lbs. I know before the 1st I was above 217!

I haven't even started exercising like I want to yet. Just doing stuff around the house and moving a lot! I haven't felt this good in a very long time. I know I am back on track and that this is the last time I will see these numbers on the scale. I am excited to see how fast I can get out of the 200's. I am really hoping it is before Jeff meets up with us on the 25th of September. He had to stay in Cincinnati and finish up.

Moving this time really did give me new life. Looking back I was EXTREMELY stressed out and probably depressed. I probably needed to be on some drugs. I feel like I am back and unstoppable. I am friendly and happy and smile every morning I wake up. I hope I can keep this feeling because it ROCKS!

The Lord is great and blesses us so much. I am so thankful everyday for the things and people I have in my life, even you Internet friends! I need you too!!

Well I have to go for now. But I'll be back tomorrow.

Can't wait to see where this adventure takes me!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I LOVE THIS POST! You are amazing and you most definitely can keep it up!

Carolyn said...

I'm sorry life wasn't so great for you in Cincinnati. I wish you all the luck in the world with your new home and your fitness goals. Keep up the great work!