Health Success

1-Diet

2-Strength

3-Flexibility

4-Cardiovascular

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 4 of A New Me

Day 4 and I still got up. I am starting to like getting up early to get my workouts in. It is hard to get out of the bed, but as soon as I do I am so glad. I can see a great new habit forming with this getting up early thing. I'm even considering doing it over the weekend to keep it up. I feel great with all this working out. I thought that maybe doing 3 hours a day of vigorous activity would be hard, and it is hard, but my body is recovering well and I am pretty sure it is because of the water I am drinking and the good foods I am fueling my body with. I am not starving myself at all. If I am hungry I find something within reason to eat. I write it in my book and then I feel no guilt. I am at the beginning of this new me and I know that further down the road my choices will probably be much much better for me, but I feel like I am doing well so far.

After 30 days I will reevaluate my diet and see where I can tweak it to be better. I am not trying to change overnight. I know I won't change overnight, but I do know that my mind has never been this determined and this motivated. It is still early in the journey but keeping positive is helping me do more.

Yesterday I did have some chocolate, but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Does that make sense. It didn't give me the same comfort as before. Or it did and I just like the comfort of sweat and working hard more. Seriously the high I feel after a good workout, like last night for example. I went to the gym and warmed up on the treadmill for 5 minutes then I did my lifting which ended up being about 30 minutes. After lifting I wanted to get in some more cardio so I took to the elliptical machine, the one that changes position so you can work all different parts of your legs- I love this one. I pushed myself to do the 'weightloss program' for 30 minutes. I turned the resistance up and I got busy. I was sweating, and sweating, and by the time I got off I was completely soaked through a sports bra, t-shirt, and sweatshirt. I was tired but I felt so good. So refreshed. I had gone to the gym mad because of a conversation that happened right before and I left the gym without a care in the world. Ready to take what life was going to throw at me. There are alot of things that are out of my control out there, but how hard I work and push myself is totally up to me. That is what I am trying to focus on.

I was talking to my sister yesterday and she was telling me about an at home enema cleanse. She thought that I would benefit from it. I looked into it this morning and I think I am going to do it. Have any of you done it? I do feel even with all this good eating and working out that I have a ton of goop in me, and I'm sure I do have build up from the months and months of eating bad and not taking care of myself. I am an extremely sensitive person when it comes to my body. I can feel any slight change in my energy, hormones, etc. That is why she thinks that this cleanse would be so good for me. Especially since I am eating well and working out already.

I am finally feeling better from being sick, but now the kids and my hubby have it AGAIN! Seriously, this is like round 4 or 5 of this crap. I have a can of Lysol and I will probably use it up today. I don't know what to do anymore about this crap. My poor husband has to go to work even when sick and he has to exercise while being sick too. The reason because they are getting ready to do some serious training for deployment. Not looking forward to this year in that arena. I will see my husband this month, part of next month, part of April, and December. All the other time he will be gone. That is all I want to post about that right now, but it is going to be a hard hard hard year. At least this year I will be taking care of myself and I am trying to focus on that.

One more rant: If one more person asks me if I am pregnant, I might just punch them. I am fat people. I am trying to change that. It hurts more than you could ever imagine by you asking me that. I have dealt with this problem since I was a teen because of the shape of my lower body. I am sick, sick, sick of this comment! BTW: it took  the joy out of it when I was actually pregnant. End rant.

To end on a positive note: this is from my high school basketball days. My coach would make us say this everyday after practice "Everyday in everyway we get a little better."

1 comment: