Health Success

1-Diet

2-Strength

3-Flexibility

4-Cardiovascular

Monday, February 23, 2009

Training

Today's training looked like this:

warm-up and stretch

Lower-body weight training circuit 1: 15 reps, no rest between exercises, rest 30 sec between each circuit, and repeat 3 times

*walking lunges
*plie squats
*lying leg curl

Cardio Burst-
*100 Jumping jacks
*50 squat jumps
*50 50 bench rebounds
rest as needed

Lower-body weight training circuit 2: 15 reps, no rest between exercises, rest 30 sec between each circuit, and repeat 3 times
*straight leg dead lift
*bench step ups
*deep squat pulses

Cardio Burst-
stepper intervals for 10 minutes.

For extra fat burn I will do at least 30 more minutes of cardio today. I plan on walking to the library (1 mile away), doing a 25 min Pilate's video, and maybe 30 minutes of swimming tonight.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Keep it up! You can so take this on.

Anonymous said...

Fat loss is 99% diet and 1% cardio. You really don't burn meaningful quantities of fat with cardio. You can do it that way.... but it's the HARD way. What are you eating? I just got off a bulk cycle where I added 45 pounds about 1/2 muscle 1/2 fat. So now I need to drop the fat. Roughly 20 pounds. 3 weeks ago I switched up my diet and I'm down 5 pounds already. I HAVE NOT DONE ANY CARDIO. My heart and lungs get plenty of work from doing deadlifts every Wednesday. I'm not saying there is no health benefit to cardio. But I am saying the "Conventional Wisdom" is WRONG. You drop bodyfat with DIET. Not cardio. It's hard to argue with 5 pounds in 3 weeks. I've been reading your posts and I feel for you. You're doing the hard work, but I think you're working hard at the wrong things. You HAVE the motivation, but unfortunately you're following the conventional wisdowm. Let me guess? Low fat diet? Whole wheat bread is totally Ok? ....you'll never reach your goals on something like that. I don't mean to discourage you, I mean to encourage you. Keep searching. It's MISINFORMATION that's holding you back, not lack of effort.