Health Success

1-Diet

2-Strength

3-Flexibility

4-Cardiovascular

Friday, May 21, 2010

5 Days in P90X

I just finished my 5th workout with P90X and it is a very intense program. I mean Tony says that in the infomercial, but man o man I have a long way to go just to keep up with them. I am doing my best and sweating a ton. I am excited because I am already seeing results and I know it is a combination of my eating and the program.

I am realizing and internalizing the meaning of 'lifestyle' eating. It is the combination of good small everyday choices that gives you success. I'm not beating myself up for eating the wrong thing during the day, I just understand that it was just one choice and I can do better the rest of the day. Also, tracking my calories, every bite of everything I eat, really helps me make the better choices.

I am still struggling with my water intake, which is frustrating because before I had Carmen I could down a gallon of water. So, I am still working on that. I know how important water is for our bodies and it is even more important for weight loss. The good thing is I am still soda free. I think about getting a soda once in a while and then I just think about how sweet it will be and it grosses me out. I only really love soda when I have been drinking it for a while. Also, I know that it is an addiction that I struggle with so one soda could turn into a struggle to stop again.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Here's what I do about soda. I will admit, I like to drink it! But we don't buy it, so it's never in the house. And when we go out to dinner (which is rarely anyway) we only order water. The only time soda is OK is when we're at a party. I'll indulge in it then and I don't feel bad about it. I hope you find a balance that works for you! :-)