Health Success

1-Diet

2-Strength

3-Flexibility

4-Cardiovascular

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Can't Beat Em; Join Em

Well you know the saying if you can't beat them, join them. That is what I am doing. This weight issue is my biggest life challenge and if I am not completely involved and absorbed in it, I am not able to conquer it. So with the help of my husband, many tears, and a strong desire to face my reality I have decided to go back to school and get my Exercise Science degree and become a trainer. That is all I know right now. I have to take some pretty cool classes that I'm sure will help me choose the exact direction I want to go in. I know I love lifting weights and would love to be involved with sports and athletes, but time and experience will show me the path that is created for me.

So this summer I am going to get my Personal Training certificate. This fall I will be enrolled in Anatomy and Physiology and Chemistry. Spring semester will involve the second part of anatomy and physiology and chemistry. Then starts my core requirements for my degree. It is exciting to finally have a path. To know when and how I am going to feel like I am acheiving something besides being a Mother and Wife.

I'm so excited my mind is spinning with options and opportunity. I told my husband that it has been a while since I have felt like this and it is a feeling I love and I'm glad to have it back.

Initially I wanted to get my certificate from The National Stregnth and Conditioning Association (NSCA), but I am going to go through International Sport Science Association (ISSA). I feel like ISSA will help me more one on one with my distance learning. Anyway I am still weighing my options there. I should have a decision very soon and be on my way to a great path full of life, health, and fitness. My passion is returning and love for life is coming back to high levels.

I knew 2011 was going to be a great year. Let's hope this cycle keeps going up and it only gets better from here!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so awesome!!!!