Health Success

1-Diet

2-Strength

3-Flexibility

4-Cardiovascular

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Do-er

This is a word my best friend used to describe me. I don't feel like I am that person right now. I take that one word description as a complement. She meant it as I don't just talk, I DO. I realize that I have been complaining alot-ALOT! I'm done with that!

The facts are, yes I am an emotional wreck, but I am the only one who can pull myself together and get on with my life. I am going to be honest with myself and quit setting myself up for failure. I don't get up at 5 a.m. to workout. I like to sleep to much and right now I have young kids that seem to want to get up in the middle of the night lately so I really don't want to get up before I have to.

From now on I will only post Do-er type activities. I feel that this will promote a more postive atmosphere for myself. Today I have already turned the day around. I didn't get much sleep last night and usually I would use that as an excuse to eat what I want and not get anything done. Well take a look at this

 Yes, that is a picture of my garbage can. I took everything out of my fridge and pantry and FINALLY threw it away! Even the kids processed junk. Because let's be honest they don't need to be eating it either!! I need to teach them how to snack healthy even at 1 and 3 yrs old. My son is definately not learning it at school. They think breakfast is froot loops and toast!!! Don't get me started on the food at school, it is so so so horrible!!!!!!

This is now what a snack will look like. Yummy cooked brocolli :) This was lunch today actually, but it will be a great snack later because we didn't eat it all.
 
And yummy bbq flavor chicken-so dang good.

I am taking control. I am in control. I can acheive my goals. I have more inside me that needs to be released and that is only going to happen if I use the tools I know I have within. I am still changing and getting into this better habit. As always it will be a journey, but this go around I will be a Do-er and not a say-er.

Now I know what Nike meant by 'Just Do It' Quit talking and just do it!

No comments: