Health Success

1-Diet

2-Strength

3-Flexibility

4-Cardiovascular

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New Direction, New Focus

Thank you to all of you that emailed, commented, and cared. After prayer and much thought I am going to take my mind off weight loss and focus on myself as a whole. I am going to call it my Beautiful Project.

There are lots of things I want to work on besides just my weight. For example, my favorite part of my body use to be my feet. I know that is different than most people, but it's true. Whenever I was asked when I was younger I would always say my feet. I liked the shape and I embraced the size. They have always been large, but I never felt insecure about it.

Loving my feet is why I put my tattoo on my big toe, and also because I could cover it up when necessary.

I have let my feet go. I don't take the time to take the dead skin off and they have become sad looking over the years. I can remember I started letting them go when I was pregnant and could no longer lean over to properly take care of them. In a single income family I can't just go out and get a pedicure whenever I feel like it. So, my feet are no longer my favorite part because I have let them go. Just like so many other things about myself.

I tell you all this to say my first project in My Beautiful Project is to get my feet back in tip top shape. Back where I can be proud to wear sandals, be barefoot, and rub them on my husband and not be insecure about how they feel and look.

My plan is after I put the kids to bed each night I will spend 30 minutes taking care of my feet. Whatever that means that night.

This may be a journey that you no longer have interest in, but this is the direction I am going in. I may get back to my weight loss journey or it may just happen because other parts of my life are getting better. This is my trail and my crazy life. Changing my focus is what I need right now. Even if that means starting at the bottom (my feet) and working my way up ☺. I feel like once I have success in at least one thing, that will start a chain reaction and help other things in my life.

I know that I am a beautiful person, no matter my size. My whole life I have always complained about my size, even when I was beautiful and healthy and in my opinion now skinny (high school basketball team, I was not fat but I thought I was-CRAZY). So it is time to start loving myself for who I am right now and changing the things I can right now.

My inside change is going to focus on service. I want to help someone each week. I am going to pray for an opportunity to see the needs of others and search out ways to help my friends, neighbors, and community. I'm not sure I will blog about that because I don't want it to become a 'look at me, look at how good I am' blog. I may just mention that I accomplished my weekly 'help someone else' goal in my posts.


Thank you friends! Life really is so great and I am truly blessed with so much. This is why I was getting so down about not being so grateful for what I do have. I have more than I could dream of! Also, I am taking the time to get ready each day and show my best self to the world. Here is me yesterday hair and make-up done ☺

And me today hair and make-up done ☺
taking pictures of yourself is a little tricky and weird!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this!!!! I'm trying to stay focused on feeling good about the changes with my body & thank the Lord everyday (sometimes with tears) for blessing Kevin & I with this baby. They are truly the most precious gift He could give us. That said, my clothes don't feel comfortable anymore so I'm pulling out things that are too big so that I can feel good about how I look :)

Good for you for finding your focus. I knew you never lost it :)

Jeff and Natalie Perez said...

Heather-Go maternity clothes shopping and embrace the NEW options you have! I wish I would have done this with my first one. It really does make being preggo so much more enjoyable and comfortable! Check out resale shops where you get far more for your buck!! the clothes are usually not very worn at all because you only wear them for so long. Thanks for all the support!!!

Carolyn said...

Great idea Natalie! Good luck!