Health Success

1-Diet

2-Strength

3-Flexibility

4-Cardiovascular

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Not Your Momma's Egg Sandwich





I love to cook and create in the kitchen. I have never been good at art, but have always felt like in the kitchen I could express myself like others do with drawing or painting. Last night I wanted something cold to eat for dinner and wasn't in the mood to stand over the hot stove. So I came up with this awesome Egg Salad Sandwich. I just started pulling things out of my fridge and this is what it looks like, and it tasted AMAZING!
I started with Whole Wheat Bread, added Avocado, Cucumbers, mushrooms, and then topped the veggies with Romaine. The other side had 2 eggs, a little mustard, mayo, salt, and pepper. Let me say that the avocado, egg mix was so good, and the lettus and cucumbers gave it great crunch. The mushrooms were lost in it all, so I probably wouldn't add them again, unless I am just trying to get in as many veggies as possible.





3 comments:

Pat and Shawna Katz said...

Looks so good and a great idea to jazz up egg salad!

Jeff and Natalie Perez said...

pat and Shawna:Thanks for stopping by, it was good!

Unknown said...

That looks SO good!!! I love avocado. It's like eating buttah :)