Health Success

1-Diet

2-Strength

3-Flexibility

4-Cardiovascular

Friday, March 18, 2011

Dad

 My Dad and I at my baptism 1989
 Dad and I Christmas morning 1981
 My Dad working in the yard in Las Vegas-the Dennis Way house(where I spent most of my young years)


Dad- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You would be 63 years young today. You left this world 10 yrs ago this August. I miss you terribly.

You had this amazing ability to make people feel like they were the most important person in the world. You touched every persons life you came in contact with, from the cashier that you interact with to cousins that looked to you like a second Father, to each of your 7 children who all feel like we were special to you.

You loved to drive and go on adventures. I have this trait too.
You loved food, especially if it was a great home cooked meal. I am this way too.
You were there for every game I was apart of, every music performance, everything I was involved it.
You always saw the best in others, never judging, always giving them the benefit of the doubt and having hope for them.
You gave everything you had to others, never expecting it in return.
You loved every crazy card I made out of gum for you.
You were positive, and happy even when nobody else was.
You were firm, but never mad even when I messed up pretty bad.
You always wanted the very best for us/me.

When I was 4 or 5 you took me on a business trip to Phoenix with you. It was the most exciting thing ever for me to go to work with you.

Whenever I was hurt you were the one to comfort me and take care of me. Pull the slivers out of my knees because I was running when I should have and tripped. Bandage my arms, and knees again because I jumped off the back of Jake's bike while he was still going fast. Pull gravel out of my knees when I fell playing soccer the the street with the big kids. Holding me tight when my first love broke my heart and let me cry and cry. Telling me I could do anything because I had the desire and drive to do it, and I believed you.

You planted the seed of the spirit of God inside me and taught me to rely on him to get me through hard times. You showed me that just because I was a girl I could still work hard, play with the boys, shoot guns, and then go and get dressed up and twirl in my dress.

The last time I saw you I was in to big of a hurrry to stay and chat with you. I thought I had so much time left with you. If I had known that a week later you would be gone, I would have stayed and asked so many questions. I would have absorbed so much more of you. I would have kissed you more and hugged you tight. I would have taken you golfing or to lunch or just shown you how much I love you.

I know that I will see you again. That you watch me and my small family and smile at the cute things they do as kids.

Happy Birthday Daddy
Love your little girl

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dang. Crying again. Very tough day for me with stupid hormones & truthfully JUST wanting my Mommy. I know you understand.

You are a beautiful woman, a great friend & an amazing Mom. I have no doubt he's proud of you!

Much love!

Jeff and Natalie Perez said...

Oh, Heather I'm a crying mess lately too. So sorry. I do understand! Thanks :)