Health Success

1-Diet

2-Strength

3-Flexibility

4-Cardiovascular

Friday, March 4, 2011

One Foot In Front of the Other

I am just thinking one foot in front of the other. One day at a time.

I was able to take a few things off my plate this week, thank heavens, and a few less people are counting on me for certain things. WHEW! I just can't take the pressure, captain.

Ok, so I went to an AMAZING parenting seminar last night that just helped me so much. It was Dr. Kenneth R Ginsburg, America's Pediatrician, who wrote Building Resilience. It is for children and teens but it helped me realize a few things that are wrong with myself. For example, my coping skills. When I am put under pressure I crack. I don't have healthy coping skills. I can handle most things, but when times get really tough, I run and hide. By hide I mean eat! I totally self medicate with avoidance and eating. I don't face the challenge head on and work my way through it by asking for help.

Anyway, I bought the Book. I look forward to raising healthy resilient kids and improving myself. I am starting to feel like I will work through this and I will get the tools to do it. Prayers have been answered! I look forward to the growth that is to come!!

No comments: